Thursday 27 October 2011

Diwali Lights..

Happy Diwali to all..! I am sharing various corners of my home decorated for diwali ...
(P.S. - We live in a govt. house, so please excuse the shabby state of walls and floor....)
P.P.S.- This post is heavy on pictures..


This is rangoli made on my side-board in the dining room...the diyas waiting to be lighted in the evening..



A close up view.....


Rangoli made on the entrance..I made this rangoli one day previously, and it met with a sad end when a stray dog made himself comfortable on it during the night. So next day I made another one, and took suitable anti-dog measures.



A closer view..


The new rangoli...


This one is not so detailed as the previous one..I just could not gather up the energy, plus I was still very angry at the dog...could not concentrate..



A corner of the living room here..the flower is made with a rangoli stencil available in the market in many different patterns..


Another corner in the living room...


The Bar...


My plants...


and the dining table...waiting to welcome visitors..


Diyas lighted at night...


There is something magical about the light of a diya...


The entrance..









The electric lights can never look as good as the twinkling light of a diya or a candle...


agree or disagree?
Hope your life is filled with the lights of Diwali forever..

No comments:

Post a Comment